Boot Camp Program
Want to get high-level farm finance training so you can turn your numbers into better farm decision-making? Come to the fifth annual Ag Finance Boot Camp, set for Jan. 17, 2018 at the Coralville Marriott, just outside Iowa City, Iowa.
This high-energy one-day workshop is designed to help you manage ever-increasing financial challenges as agriculture continues to face profit margin pressure.
Sessions will focus on core business concepts guided by industry-leading ag finance experts along with specialists from the Farm Financial Standards Council.
You’ll hear from real-life farm bookkeepers who will share their greatest challenges and how they overcome obstacles in daily farm financial management.
Curt Covington, Senior vice president of Ag Finance, Farmer Mac, will share his wisdom gleaned from years of working with both farmers and lenders. CliftonLarsonAllen CPA Paul Neiffer will serve as host for the day, sharing his unique perspective as well as updates on taxes and other financial issues to watch for in the year ahead.
Attendees will learn how good records and financial statements translate to better farm business management and profitability. Topics we’ll focus on:
- Can I afford it? Making key financial decisions on business expansion, buy/sell equipment or selling lazy assets
- Cash vs. accrual accounting: why it matters now more than ever
- How will tax reform impact my farm business?Working with lenders to manage working capital, cash flow and debt servicing capacity
- Do you have the right data to make best financial decisions?
- How to read a financial statement and create an accurate balance sheet
- Do you need to take a financial stress test?
- How to manage family living costs
- Trimming the fat without sacrificing production – how to use financials to make better business decisions
Free financial guidelines
As a bonus for attending, you’ll receive a free copy of the FFSC guidelines on farm finance, or management accounting. The guidelines are updated routinely and serve as a way to help farmers improve their financial performance to make good business decisions.
To register or get more information, go to www.FarmFuturesBootCamp.com.
The Boot Camp is conveniently held a day prior to the 2018 Farm Futures Business Summit, Jan. 18-19, also at the Coralville Marriott outside Iowa City, Iowa. Click on www.FarmFuturesSummit.com for more details.
The Farm Futures Ag Finance Boot Camp is sponsored by Farm Credit, Farmers Mutual Hail and Farmer Mac with special cooperation from the Farm Financial Standards Council. The Farm Financial Standards Council is dedicated to helping farmers by promoting uniform financial reporting and analysis in the ag industry. FFSC wants to be the definitive resource for financial guidelines to benefit farmers.